- iPad and iPhone devices with Lightning connection including:
- iDynamo 5 (Gen II) is made for devices with a Lightning connector.
- Made for iPhone 11 Pro max, iPhone 11, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad (6th and 5th generation).
Mobile Card Readers
Ideal for merchants and mobile users, iDynamo 5 (Gen II) offers MagTek security features combined with the power of iPad and iPhone products with Lightning connection. This delivers the flexibility to offer a fixed solution, mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) experience, or anything in between.
Our mobile card readers accept payments in a single reliable swipe. The engineered design includes stabilizing adapters that are made for specific iOS devices, enabling excellent, first swipe reliability.
The Durability and Flexibility you Need
- In a mobile environment, you need your iOS card readers built to withstand rugged treatment.
- iDynamo is certified to multiple point-of-sale apps, and our API allows that long list to continue growing.
- Turn your mobile device into a carry-out, drive-thru, curbside pickup, and delivery secure payment device.
Secured by the MagneSafe Security Architecture
MagneSafe® is a digital identification and authentication architecture that safeguards consumers and their personal data. Designed to exceed PCI regulations, MagneSafe leverages strong encryption, secure tokenization, counterfeit detection, tamper recognition, data relevance and integrity, and dynamic digital transaction signatures, which together validate and protect the entire transaction and each of its components.
MagTek offers cDynamo as a drop-in replacement. MagTek’s iOS-based magnetic stripe reading products are interchangeable, giving you the ability to support a variety of reader choices and form-factors. If your app supports iDynamo, be certain to visit the cDynamo page for additional details.
|Magstripe secure card reader authenticator Triple Track (TK1/2/3); Bidirectional read; ISO 7810, 7811; AAMVA driver licenses||
6 in./s to 60 in./s
(15 cm/s to 152 cm/s)
|EMV chip contact||NA|
|NFC contactless / mobile wallets||NA|
Reliability and Operation
|MSR / SCRA swipes||100,000 card swipes|
|Tested Compatible Operating System||iOS 8 and above|
|CPU and memory||Non-volatile|
|Device Compatibility||iDynamo 5 works with iOS Lightning connector devices.|
|Wireless (Frequency 2.4 MHz)||NA|
|Wired connection types||USB-C for pass-thru charging|
|Secure Key Pad||NA|
|Optional Accessories||Cable and adapter stabilizers|
|Power Inputs||USB C connector|
|Voltage||2.85 to 3.47 VDC from the attached iOS host
5 VDC on USB power
Security and Certifications
|Compliance (FCC, CE, UL)||YES|
|Data protection 3DES encryption;
DUKPT key management
MagneSafe Security Architecture
Unique, non-changeable device serial number
|Dimensions and Weight
L x W x H or L x W x D
|2.47 x 1.5 x 0.58 in.
(62.7 x 38.1 x 14.7 mm)
|Weight||w/o adapter 1.02 oz. (28.94 g)|
|Operating temp||32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C)|
|Operating humidity non-condensing||5% to 90%|
|Storage temp||-4°F to 113°F (-20°C to 45°C)|
|Storage humidity non-condensing||5% to 90%|