MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Systems/Firmware Quality Engineer is responsible for test planning, test case development, execution, troubleshoot and debug defects with development teams, plan and implement test hardware and software environments and documenting results into a test report. Develop firmware codes for some embedded test devices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs software test activities through the complete software development life cycle
- Create and manage SW QA test deliverables (test plans, cases, test execution, reports, etc.)
- Setup up & configure test hardware and software environments
- Familiarity with various microprocessor architectures, especially ARM and 8051 and use of SOC's with assorted peripherals
- Strong experience in programming real-time systems with and without RTOS. Experience with embedded Linux, device drivers, and the various build tools is very desirable
- Knowledge of various interfaces including USB, Ethernet, Serial, SPI, and I2C. Wireless and Bluetooth protocols a plus
- Create and manage software test strategy and QA Testing deliverables in conformance with product specification
- Strong programming skills in high and low level languages including embedded C and assembly. Some experience with Windows programming in .Net / C# for testing is desirable
- Perform Black box testing as needed
- Writing applications for special projects
- Review firmware codes and develop code
- BS degree in any of the following: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering Required
- 3-5 years or related work experience
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Direct experience in the following:
- Testing Database applications (MS-SQL)
- Data Warehousing, Data Mart, ETL Testing
- Backend and front end data validation methodologies
- Network Communication using HTTP/SOAP, VPN, TCP/IP, Wireless
- Microsoft development environment:, Team Foundation Server , java applet, C# and C++, Eclips
- Review firmware code and develop firmware code for embedded devices
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.