MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Sr. Database Engineer reviews, evaluates, specifies, designs, codes, tests maintains and documents database schemas, data models, stored procedures and embedded SQL for all of MagTek's Products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to setting priorities, establishing milestones and deadlines for product releases
- Must have flexibility when dealing with solutions to customer requirements
- Exhibit effective time management skills
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Process and complete simultaneous projects in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with management standards by enforcing Company policies and procedures, state and Federal laws
- Must be flexible with work schedule and job requirements
- Support the needs of Project Managers by providing the expert resources from your department as needed to help company projects succeed
- Delegate responsibilities appropriately
- Develop project leadership skills and help employees achieve their professional career goals within the department
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Math or Engineering is preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Familiar working in a 24x7x365 SaaS company supporting high availability SLAs
- Familiar working in distributed data-center architectures, rack mounted equipment and DEV/TEST/PROD environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server 2003 and 2012
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2014
- Familiarity with Microsoft's Team Foundation Server (TFS)
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.