MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe® secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under general supervision, the Quality Assurance Technician performs failure analysis on returned materials, incoming materials or production subassemblies. Performs semi-routine and non-routine tests on electronic equipment to ensure quality standards met.
Full-time position located in Seal Beach, CA.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete assignments with limited supervision to meet the established goals for inspection and testing.
- Perform failure analysis on returned materials and prepare reports.
- Initiate, recommend, provide, and verify the implementation of corrective and preventive actions for product/ process related non-conformities.
- Provide training, guidance, and assistance to inspectors.
- Support goals associated with Quality Assurance and Manufacturing functions.
- Lead the QA Inspectors who are involved with inspection and auditing.
- Communicate with the manufacturing and material groups to ensure adequate and timely scheduling of inspections and the delivery of test results.
- Develop basic inspection procedures.
- Perform process, product, and system audits.
- Develop test procedures. Prepare written reports and may make recommendations for procedural changes.
- Calibrate, test, recognize failures, and diagnose problems for circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Develop special test fixtures for reliability and durability testing for new or revised products.
- Assist reliability engineer on setting up, performing and monitoring the reliability and agency approval tests for new or revised products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in electronic testing, in either an electromechanical manufacturing or quality technician function.
- Strong electro-mechanical testing knowledge to facilitate sound independent judgments.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Able to program test routines, programmable samplers, real-time oscilloscopes and other electronic tools.
- Proficient with programmable samplers, real-time oscilloscopes and other electronic tools, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures is desirable.
- 2 years electronic or related technical education is desirable.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- May be required to visit or audit outside agency labs.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.