MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe® secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
The Project Manager - Software - will perform the duties of the role independently and with minimal supervision. As a Project Manager, you will be closely working with the software team and cross functional team members to define, plan and execute new features, new tools and/or new software projects. You will focus on supporting the engineering team in delivering software solutions improvements. It is a full lifecycle role, from ideation and requirements gathering, through development, deployment, and sales & marketing support. You will also be involved in various engineering or non-engineering initiatives.
$90,000.00 - $170,000.00/yr. Full-time position at our Seal Beach, CA location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects.
- Create and maintain project timelines and follow-up on changes to gain alignment from stakeholders.
- Assist software team in technical requirements gathering, documentation and alignment to support project plans.
- Follow up with stakeholders on projects priorities, risk areas, gaps and roadblocks with mitigation plans.
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an â€œon-timeâ€ result, ensure timely response to action items and track change requests.
- Note and document project status from standup meetings, reports progress to stakeholders.
- Reviews and tracks projects’ progress to ensure quality and adherence to requirement documents.
- Assist in the coordination of estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications.
- Works closely with technical team to map out tasks breakdown and Agile/Sprint cycle management.
- Coordinate and assist in managing customer integrations or field issues.
- Work closely with test engineers on test priorities and coordinate alignment for go-live readiness.
- Assist with and track compliance and certification documentation.
- Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary by their supervisor.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5 years of project management experience preferred; a minimum of 2 years is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of using and administering Jira; including building custom reports, time tracking/burndown.
- Excellent working knowledge of Agile, Scrum & Kanban.
- Formal project management training with certification/qualification preferred.
- Experience in fast paced, high growth, emerging markets (digital currency, cloud apps, social media, enterprise security, workplace/workforce automation, etc.)
- Experience managing full cycle project from early stage to launch and on-going support.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore development teams.
- Experience working in a cross functional environment inclusive of hardware, a plus.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Excellent communication with all areas and levels of the business.
- Self-motivated team player. Should convey energy and a positive outlook.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.