MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under minimal supervision, the Project Manager will :
- 80% Software Engineering Project Management duties.
- 15% Other corporate Project Management duties (including managing non engineering projects from time to time)
- 5% Administration for the Software Engineering department
This role focusses on supporting the software engineering team in delivering product improvements. It is a full lifecycle role, from ideation and requirements gathering, through development, deployment, and sales & marketing support.
From time to time there will be non-engineering initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and coordinate project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects
- Note and document project status from standup meetings
- Follow up with concerned parties to identify gaps and clear hurdles
- Coordinate and organize the collection and dissemination of technical information within the company
- Document project timelines and Track and report to management.
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an â€œon-timeâ€ result and ensure timely response to action items
- Select and recommend procedures or development of methods
- Assignments involve activities requiring knowledge of standard principles and techniques.
- Assist in the coordination of estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Reviews and monitor project progress to assure quality and adherence to requirement documents
- Assist with documentation creation and organization
- Assist with and track compliance and certification documentation
- Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary by their supervisor
- BS degree in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience preferred
- Formal project management training with certification/qualification
- EXPERT knowledge of using AND ADMINISTERING Jira; including building custom reports, time tracking/burndown
- Excellent working knowledge of Agile, Scrum & Kanban
- Experience in fast paced, high growth, emerging markets (digital currency, cloud apps, social media, enterprise security, workplace/workforce automation, etc.)
- Experience working with off-shore contract development
- Experience working in a cross functional environment, a plus
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Communication with all areas and levels of the business.
- Self-motivated team player. Should convey energy and a positive outlook.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.