MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under minimal supervision, the Project Manager will fulfill Engineering Project Management duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Head project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects
- Technical specification review and resolution
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company and customer
- Create project timelines and cost estimates. Track and report to management
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an "on-time" result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items
- Monitor program cost activity to achieve an "in budget" result
- Prepare quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing engineering, design
- Evaluate project performance of functional areas
- Select and recommend procedures or development of methods
- Assignments involve activities requiring knowledge of standard principles and techniques. Assists in mentoring engineers
- Direct and supervise other engineering activities
- Assist in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications
- Prepare designs, drawings, plans and specifications for projects, engineered systems, technical equipment or components
- Supervise technical testing
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates
- Reviews and monitor project progress to assure quality and adherence to requirements of contract documents
- Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary by their supervisor
- BS degree in any of the following: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Math Required or equivalent
- Six to nine years' experience
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience and associated management and reporting tools, PMP certification a plus
- Experience with collaboration tools, i.e JIRA
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in change management
- Hardware and embedded firmware development project management experience highly desired
- Programming experience in C, C# or Assembly language experience is a plus
- Design experience with embedded microcontrollers is plus. (8051, ARM 7, ARM 9)
- Good technical writing and communication skills are a must
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be able to travel occasionally
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.