MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under minimal supervision, the Engineering Electronics Technician performs complex technical tasks to assist engineers with electronic systems. May assist engineers with fabricating and assembling electronics subassemblies for prototype models from schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions. May perform calibration checks on electronic instruments. May completely troubleshoot an electronics system to determine cause and remedy for malfunctions. May conduct routine engineering tests and detailed experimental testing, solving mechanical or electronics problems involved in the operation of the product, and otherwise assisting in general laboratory work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems designed by electronic engineers applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with electronic engineers and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units. Assembles experimental circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyze and interprets test data. Writes technical reports and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design and laboratory procedures.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- May operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as terminal boards, and chassis.
- Program, operate and maintain SLS and FDM 3D printing equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic or equivalent in related field
- Proficient in electronic/electromechanical diagnostic testing
- Proficient in reading and creating engineering documentation and records (tech reports, work instructions, schematics, mech. drawings)
- RF test equipment knowledge a plus (Spectrum analyzer, VNA, RF sig gen, etc.)
- Expert level soldering skills
- Minimum of 10 years related experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication skills must be adequate to effectively interact with internal customers
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.