MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under minimal supervision, the Electrical Engineer - Hardware will perform core design and debug of embedded microcontroller systems and associated analog/digital circuits. RF circuits design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create electrical schematics using various CAD tools.
- Write theory of operation and other support documents.
- Perform component-level circuit analysis/debug using instruments such as oscilloscopes, volt meters, logic analyzers and PC-based tools.
- Coordinate with project managers and other team members in the development of product(s).
- Provide occasional technical support to customers, help desk and/or internal operations.
- Design EMI compatible Analog and digital designs, test, and debug of embedded microcontroller, and occasionally FPGA designs are a plus.
- BSEE and at least 3 years of technical experience.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit designs, PCB layout requirements, simulation/modeling, and board level testing at the bench level is required.
- Design experience with embedded microcontrollers. (8051, ARM 7, ARM 9).
- Analog design experience with op-amps, filters, FET, oscillator, switching power supplies, and LDO circuits.
- Digital design experience with ROM, FLASH, and control logic circuits.
- Experience with protocols such as Ethernet, USB and RS-232, BLE and BT a plus.
- Ability to program embedded controllers in "C" language is a plus.
- Desired knowledge of RF design particularly with NFC designs is a plus.
- Good technical writing and communication skills are a must.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.