We are your partner
MagTek understands the value of easy-to-use and well documented Software Development Kits (SDKs), technical documentation, APIs, and sample code. Get unlimited access to all SDKs for mobile, counter-top, and kiosk devices that work with Windows, iOS and Android operating systems. MagTek SDKs have no royalty or maintenance fees and are free to re-distribute with your application.
- MagneFlex Prism is a suite of interface developer tools that reduce the points of development. Instead of using SDKs, APIs, and applets to build an interface to the hardware device, another to interface to the POS application, and another to the gateway, you can build the interface to just MagneFlex. MagneFlex drives the hardware, interfaces with the POS app, and can issue the commands to pack, parse and send the data out for processing.
- Whether you are on a network client system or using a web-based app, there is a MagneFlex tool for you. This simplifies development and certification and allows you to determine the best ecosystem for each individual environment.
- A great advantage is, after the elements in the system under test are certified, you can use any combination of the certified elements in almost any configuration. Using the elements that are certified: the connection, (i.e. USB or Ethernet), the location (i.e. LAN, PC, device), the deployment model (mobile, brick-n-mortar), and the vertical (store, restaurant, spa, etc.), don’t effect the certification.
Works with MagTek Secure Hardware
- Windows: MagTek SCRA readers (USB), DynaPro (USB, Ethernet), DynaPro Mini (USB), DynaPro Go (USB), eDynamo (USB)
- Apple iOS: iDynamo, uDynamo (audio jack), eDynamo (wireless), DynaPro (Ethernet), DynaPro Mini (wireless)
MagneFlex - Navy - Browser
- MagneFlex Navy is a full-function HTML browser application. It is integrated with device drivers that control MagTek payment devices through HTML over HTTP(S) context. Navy allows integrators to build an HTML application, such as a web-based POS application, to interact with MagTek readers to collect data from magnetic stripe, EMV contact chip, or contactless (NFC) cards and accept digital payments. This enables distribution by an integrator of a full function POS system, coupled with MagTek POS countertop or mobile secure card readers and PIN device.
- Navy eliminates the need for applets, Java applets, and plug-ins because everything is already built right in. This provides a free, turn-key development tool, in a white-label offering, that allows easier integration with web applications, and MagTek hardware and services. If the application front end is written in HTML 5 with mobile responsive stylesheets, ISVs only need to build one POS application that will work on iOS, Windows and Android operating systems. This greatly simplifies the development and certification effort.
MagneFlex - Blue - iOS Browser
- MagneFlex Blue is a full function iOS browser. It was made for iOS app development and gives developers a fast track into the app store. It makes iOS app development easier because it speaks the iOS web app language.
- Blue eliminates the need for plug-ins as well since everything is built-into the browser. This free development tool can be white-labelled and provides a turnkey integration solution for iOS web applications, working with MagTek hardware and services. Sites developed in HTML 5 with device responsive views will work seamlessly in this browser allowing the app to respond to devices whether they are tablets or phones in a device native format, reducing the development effort.
MagneFlex - Sky - Android Browser
MagneFlex Sky is a full function Android browser, made for Android app development and optional white labeling. Android app development is made easier by speaking the app language and plug-ins are not needed. You can find MagneFlex Sky in Google Play and the Amazon app store.
MagneFlex - Teal - Middleware
MagneFlex Teal is a middleware application that, when used in conjunction with the MagTek family of payment terminals and Magensa transaction processing services, provides a simplified and consistent interface for a POS Application to initiate and complete card-based payment transactions. To maximize flexibility, Teal is template-driven, using data translation techniques to seamlessly inter-operate between the MagneFlex input API, the Terminal interface, payment card technologies (MSR, EMV, key-entered), and downstream processor APIs.
MagneFlex - Powder - Middleware
MagneFlex Powder is a smaller middleware application that delivers communications between the POS app and the hardware. If you already know how to send the data through for processing this may be all you need.
Software Developer Kits
MagTek is your partner in development and provides a comprehensive platform of drivers and software development kits (SDKs). The SDKs include tools, documentation, and sample code for developing applications in a variety of environments for fast development and easy integration. MagTek works with most major POS platforms and is experienced with major Fortune 100 enterprises.
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- MagTek has developers located right in its Seal Beach, CA location. We understand what you need to speed your development process. That is why we offer APIs that work across different operating systems including iOS, Android, and Windows.
MagneFlex Prism Standard Configurations
|Web-Based Apps||Network Client Apps|
|POS Application Type||Web application||Web application||Web application||Network Client||Network Client|
|Terminal Host||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Windows||Windows|
|Server Operating System||Open (Linux, Unix, Windows, etc.)||Open (Linux, Unix, Windows, etc.)||Open (Linux, Unix, Windows, etc.)||Windows||Windows|
|Supports Keyboard Emulation||NO||NO||NO||YES||YES|
|Uses Magensa Gateway||Optional||Optional||Optional||Required||Optional|
|Talks to MagTek Hardware Device||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Encrypted Cardholder Data||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|