MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe® secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Technical Writer will discuss requirements with the team, write, format, and edit customized technical documents.
Location: Seal Beach, CA (Local Candidates Preferred) Remote Option Available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts about functions, features, and requirements to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work across departments to solve problems to meet program objectives/requirements on time
- Perform writing tasks for technical documents, such as user manuals, installation manuals, programmer's manuals, help documents, and tutorials.
- Provide styling, formatting and editing of Marketing and Engineering documentation. Serve as a liaison between Engineering and Marketing.
- Release product documentation in Agile
- Help to define and document processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with engineers to describe newly implemented features.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Effective planning, scheduling, researching, and writing skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, editing and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with other departments in coordinating release and updates.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be a quick learner, self-starter, with strong attention to details and can work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Oracle Agile, Jira and SolidWorks
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.