MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Through subordinate engineering leaders, the VP, of Engineering, plans, directs and controls the research, design, development, and revision of new and existing products. Achieves this goal by managing and driving a cross-functional team composed of System, Hardware, Firmware and Mechanical Engineers, Manufacturing Engineering, Technical Documentation, etc. throughout all phases of the development cycle.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides leadership to product team in the design and development of new products. Responsible for design input and output, design review, design verification, design validation and change control design planning in accordance to the Project Life Cycle Process (PLC)
- Monitors all critical paths related to the development and introduction activities, anticipates and identifies bottlenecks, and escalates major problems and/or issues to management
- Runs weekly team meetings and publish meeting notes and schedules
- Prepares and conducts the Review Meetings by following the PLC. Cooperate with other entities to ensure that all product requirements are met at each step of the PLC
- Coordinates with other departments such as Production and Quality Assurance to analyze and resolve problems
- Ensures that development schedule is followed
- Provides direction and training to team members
- Provides status reports to Executive Management Team
- Other duties as assigned
- B. S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five years of engineering experience in electromechanical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent initiative and judgment
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.