MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Sr. Firmware Engineer is responsible for creating and debugging embedded controllers. Designs embedded code for microcontroller and microprocessor controlled systems to control hardware and electronic mechanisms such as motors and sensors. Other responsibilities involve conducting research and evaluation of new technologies in the area of embedded firmware development. Develop/Maintain documentation on the build status of the code.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the development, test, and support of embedded firmware.
- Responsible for hands on code development, testing, debug, and release.
- As required, must be able to write development plans and to define theory of operations.
- Responsible for training and coaching less experienced engineers.
- BS degree in any of the following: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics & Communications Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Required.
- At least 8 years of experience working with embedded systems.
- Must be proficient in C programming language. C++ and assembly are a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Embedded Linux, with experience writing Linux device drivers.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems.
- Experience with system level and architecture design of embedded systems.
- Experience in structured design, OOD (e.g., code reusability), and best practices for embedded systems.
- Must be proficient with source control systems (e.g. Git) and defect tracking systems (e.g. JIRA).
- Ability to scope and estimate development effort.
- Ability to architect embedded firmware, from high level task scheduling to low level HALs.
- Must be proficient in the use of various compilers, debuggers, and IDEs (e.g. GCC, JTAG/GDB, eclipse).
- Must be proficient with various microprocessors, such as MSP430, 8051, ARM CortexM3/M4, ARM7, ARM9, etc. DSP is a plus.
- Must be experienced with various scripting languages. E.g. Python, Bash scripting, etc.
- Must have strong verbal, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to work within a team environment.
- Be able to read and understand schematics and capable of debugging new designs.
- Experienced with typical interfaces/protocols (e.g. UART, USB, SPI, I2C). Ethernet and Bluetooth/BLE a plus.
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Experience with financial transaction handling, including EMV contact and contactless.
- Experience with cryptography: symmetric and asymmetric, encryption/decryption, hashing, signatures, certificates, etc.
- Firmware and product security, and PCI-PTS.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.