MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to
governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under general supervision, the Production & Material Planner III provides assistance in the performance of various purchasing assignments, planning of production materials, and schedules for the most complicated product lines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides delivery date commitments of product to sales reps, Marketing, or customers based on availability of inventory and capacity.
- Monitors, adjusts and maintains inventory levels to assure timely delivery of product while achieving inventory velocity targets.
- Converts forecast into a procurement plan and production schedule.
- Analyzes current usage, past usage, and forecast to determine Make or Buy quantities of raw materials.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts between material availability, production schedule, and customer requirements.
- Prepares and releases work orders to warehouse and production to meet delivery commitments.
- May assist in training lower level Planners.
- May assign work to lower level Planners.
- Develops and implements planning processes for new products. Lead participant for planning on complex new product teams.
- Leads process and/or product improvement teams for more difficult problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent and 5 to 10 years of related experience or training. Degree in Production and Operations preferred.
- Prefer some supervisory experience.
- Expertise with MagTek's MRP system or equivalent MRP/ERP systems.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Good math skills, including ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to create and interpret graphs. Excellent Microsoft Office skills specifically Excel.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Requires excellent phone, written, verbal communication, and negotiation skills.
- APICS CPIM certificate preferred.
- Requires thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.