MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to
governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, The Hardware Engineering Manager will lead the company hardware development function through all phases of the development cycle. Manage the electrical, mechanical, manufacturing and documentation teams. Collaborate in a cross functional organization with firmware, software and project management groups. Support internal and external customers. Implement strategies and processes to reduce time to market, achieve predictable outcomes and quality designs. Hire, train, mentor and performance manage the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support Management in establishing the product definition and requirements and subsequently coordinate generating the appropriate Technical Specifications
- Interface with external groups such as Material, Production, Supply Chain, Finance, Information Technology, etc. throughout the development, release, introduction & support processes
- Proactively manage the product development process to meet all requirements and deliverables and ensure its successful release to production
- Coordinate the technical activities and work closely with Product Marketing to ensure successful product introduction in various markets
- Drive development schedules, monitor HW engineering budget, design cost analysis and optimization, conduct technical review/analysis and complete final product implementation
- Perform in-depth analysis of the allocation and leveling of resources to ensure their consistent and timely integration in the Master Schedule.
- Monitor all critical paths related to the development and introduction activities, anticipate and identify bottlenecks and escalate major problems and/or issues to management
- Run weekly team meetings and publish meeting notes and schedules
- Prepare and conduct the Review Meetings by following the Product Development Life Cycle.
- Degree(s) in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Engineering Management developing embedded controller electronics hardware designs
- Ability to motivate, lead, mentor and coach the team on meeting and exceeding performance goals
- Strong technical experience in complex technology development/verification programs in a wide array of engineering disciplines with a focus in embedded systems and mechanical design
- Excellent interpersonal and influence skills, able to drive efficient collaboration and negotiations, possess courage and confidence in solving difficult situations and timely conflict resolution
- Strong attention to detail / accuracy and project management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Willing to travel
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.