MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under minimal supervision, Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for design in, selling and support of MagTek products within a specific geographic area, industry, or product line. Duties include design in and selling of security centric products to all prospects within a specified region as well as account management responsibilities and support for existing clients. Ideal candidate will live in the Chicago area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and develops new markets (new potential users), generates product interest, develops new customers, and develops strategies for increasing sales and revenues with existing customers.
- Establishes and maintains significant relationships with senior buyers, design engineers and key decision makers within each client.
- Develops leads by investigating large range of products that have integrated card reading capability. Contacts prospective and current clients by phone, in person, by mail, e-mail, and at trade shows.
- Initiates sales relationships and gaining a full understanding of customers' needs.
- Works closely with customers' engineering departments to ensure MagTek design in on new projects.
- Negotiates contracts, including pricing, payment terms, and performance requirements.
- Ensures continued customer satisfaction, builds and maintains strong, long-term relationships with customers. Follows up with Help Desk and other company representatives as needed to ensure customer receives needed after-sales support.
- Establishes effective internal communications regarding customers, products and services in order to maximize sales effectiveness.
- Represents MagTek at trade shows and other industry specific events.
- Partners with other groups within MagTek to bring new products and services to market.
- Authors and customizes sales presentations to address the stated and assumed needs of the clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree (BSEE) or equivalent experience.
- Strong sales background with a minimum of 2 years sales experience or minimum of 2 years digital design experience.
- Direct sales experience in a high technology marketplace.
- Ability to deliver accurate forecasts.
- Effective contract negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop sales strategies.
- Ability to develop thorough knowledge of all MagTek products and services.
- Strong technical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Self- motivated.
- Extensive travel required.
- Must reside in the region that is being supported.
- Must be comfortable working in a corporate setting.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.