MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, The Firmware Test Engineer will develop, maintain, implement, automate where required and execute device and system level test cases. Perform system testing for integration of hardware, software and back end processes, as well as analyzing test cases providing regular progress reports.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop Firmware test plans that cover functional, integration, system, performance, stress and regression testing scenarios
- Provide testing NRE and schedule estimates as part of the overall development work
- Perform functional, integration and system testing
- Analyze and understand requirements, develop and implement test
- Develop and implement test strategies
- Create test reports, analyze data, summarize information and present assessment to the relevant audience
- Develop and maintain test tools and associated SW and FW
- Document all test processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in firmware testing
- 5+ years firmware development and/or testing experience
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience developing test plans and estimates from requirements
- Experience developing automated tests
- Familiar with common firmware programming languages (e.g. C/C++), experience in C/C++ development in an embedded environment is a plus.
- Strong understanding of testing principles, techniques and tools
- Experience in scripting using PERL, Python, TCL, or other relevant languages
- In-depth knowledge of embedded systems, good knowledge on components in typical embedded systems
- Familiar with embedded system interfaces (e.g. Serial, USB, Ethernet, BLE), experience with interface debugging tool (e.g. Wireshark, protocol analyzer).
- Experience in using lab equipment
- Knowledge in operating system is a plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Deployment(CD) concepts. Experience in setting up and maintaining CI/CD server such as Jenkins.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.