MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to
governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Sr. RF/HW Design Engineer will perform core design and debug of embedded microcontroller systems and associated analog/digital/LF/RF circuits. Emphasis on portable power management and secure processer designs using USB, Ethernet, WiFi, BLE, LTE.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design EMI compatible RF/Analog and digital designs, test, and debug of embedded microcontroller
- Create secure electrical schematics using various CAD tools
- Write theory of operation and other support documents
- Perform component-level circuit analysis/debug using Network Analyzers, Spectrum analyzer, oscilloscopes, volt meters, logic analyzers and PC based tools
- Provide technical support to customers, help desk and internal operations
- Coordinate with project managers and other team members in the development of product(s)
- BSEE and six to nine years of experience
- Design experience with embedded microcontrollers. (8051, ARM 7, ARM 9)
- Analog design experience with op-amps, filters, FET, oscillator, and power-regulator circuits
- Portable electronics power management design (Power budget calculations, low power, Li+ battery/charging circuitry, coin cell)
- Digital design experience of control logic circuits and communication (Ethernet, USB, Wi-Fi, LTE)
- Component level design of contactless LF NFC circuits
- Integration of BLE, BT and Wi-Fi radios and associated circuit design. Knowledge of RF circuits design, PCB layout requirements, RF components, Antenna design, simulation/modeling, and RF testing at the bench level
- Experience with simulation tools such as Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx, Sonnet, Spice
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for FCC, CE, IC, UL and other international bodies
- Secure design practices using PCI and EMV knowledge a plus
- Ability to program embedded controllers in "C" language is a plus
- Good technical writing and communication skills are a must
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be able to travel occasionally
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.