MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to
governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for management and maintenance of the companies' LAN/WAN environment and related systems. It will include the participation in and oversight of the daily upkeep, patching, monitoring, troubleshooting and administration of the companies' network infrastructure and related systems on premises and in Azure. This position will also be responsible for the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the Magensa Business Unit's network infrastructure and architecture.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with technical issues, project management, design, analysis and implementation of network solutions as needed
- Design and implement network infrastructure changes on Cisco routers, switches, and Firewalls.
- Prepare periodic maintenance plans and comply with change management procedures
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in site capacity planning and modeling.
- Provide General IT support for any system and applications requests or issues.
- Maintain documentation of the configuration of systems
- Willing to work helpdesk tickets and documenting solutions
- Designs and administers internal and external networks.
- Ensure security by administering policies and technical controls that protect against threats to information security.
- Research, analyze, and recommend new solutions and technologies
- Participate in the planning and execution of Disaster Recovery plan.
- Participate in on-call rotation and be available for any system outages.
- Have expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multi-protocol routing concepts, VPN's, IP/ARP/MAC, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Extensive knowledge in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and a deep understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when access through VPN and firewall appliances
- 3+ years experience installing, administering and supporting Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Routing protocols OSPF, RIP, BGP, EIGRP
- Experienced knowledge of Data Center Environments and Colocation working in 24/7 live environment.
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture including switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, 802.11 wireless, and IP utilities
- 3+ years experience in a network engineer position dealing primarily with Cisco equipment
- 3+ years experience with TCP/IP, DNS, LAN and WAN infrastructures, MPLS, VPN, BGP, IDS/IPS, ACS, Radius/LDAP/TACAS, wireless
- Ability to produce and adhere to documentation - Visio, Project Plans, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with PCI
- Experience with load balancers, SSL offloading, web application firewalls
- Security Audits, Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking
- Excellent project management, troubleshooting, and customer service skills
- Preferred certifications: CCNP, CCSP, MSCE
- Microsoft Azure experience desired
- Barracuda Firewalls and WAF a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- General office setting
- Willing to work after hours and weekends when needed
- Willing to periodically travel to hosted facility
- Able to lift 50lbs.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.