MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions.Â Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
The Firmware Engineering Manager will lead the firmware engineering team throughout all phases of the development cycle.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, make detailed plans, risk assessments and mitigation plans and schedules to deliver on assigned goals.
- Provide leadership to firmware team in the design and development of new products, maintaining the current products and resolving issues. Responsible for architecture, implementation, design review, design validation, and change control in accordance to the Project Life Cycle Process (PLC).
- Monitor all critical paths related to the development and introduction of activities, anticipates and identifies bottlenecks, and escalates major problems and/or issues to management.
- Lead team meetings and publish meeting notes and schedules.
- Coordinate with other departments such as Hardware, Software, Mechanical and Quality Assurance to analyze and resolve problems.
- Manage resources and ensure that development schedule is followed and product meets the specification.
- Coach and mentor team members for improved performance and growth.
- Provide status reports to department VP.
- B. S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with extensive experience in embedded firmware development.
- Minimum ten years of embedded firmware development with at least five years in a management role.
- Excellent demonstrated development skills in C and Assembly languages. C++ is desired.
- Knowledge of real time operation systems and Linux. Android platform knowledge a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of protocols, standards and communication interfaces, computer and embedded system architecture, compliers, microprocessors and scripting languages.
- Excellent initiative, project and people management skills, strong leadership, good team player, quick learner, self-motivated to work independently, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with financial transactions including EMV contact and contactless.
- Experience with cryptography: symmetric and asymmetric encryption/decryption, hashing, signatures, certificates, etc.
- Firmware and product security and PCI-PTS.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail email@example.com.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.