MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple, practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers and their customers.
Under limited supervision, the Embedded Systems Engineer participates in the design efforts of various disciplines such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, firmware engineering, software engineering or combination of those, product development, and test.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform system-level design and integration of microprocessor controlled electromechanical devices.
- Participate or lead architecture design of new devices, performance and power analysis, define interfaces, and select new major components and technologies.
- Determine, track, and verify and document complex system requirements.
- Manage the partitioning of requirements to various design and test disciplines.
- Work includes research, design, integration, prototype, and test of microprocessor controlled products.
- Capable of developing experimental tests, performing those experiments, analyzing the results, and creating formal reports of the data.
- Ability to lead root cause and failure analysis teams. Determine and track failure modes and determine those that are causal.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and quality departments on process improvement and design for manufacturing efforts.
- Participate in and/or chair design reviews of hardware, firmware, and test equipment.
- Responsible for product integration and troubleshooting. Must be capable of representing the company with our customers.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot microprocessor controlled electronic circuits and to develop firmware to control those systems. These systems use commercial interfaces including, but not limited to USB, RS-232, Ethernet, Bluetooth, BLE, SPI, I2C, 802.11.
- Must be able to write clear and concise technical documents. These will include Specifications, Test Plans, Test Reports, Proposals, Statements of Work, Failure Analyses, and User Documentation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. Candidate will interact with coworkers, customers and suppliers; often being required to chair meetings.
- Must be proficient with common business software for word processing, spreadsheets, schedules, electronic communication, and presentations.
- Must be proficient with common engineering software for schematic capture, circuit simulation, and software development.
- Experience with 3D mechanical modeling and photolithography is a plus.
- Ability to write GUI based programs for Microsoft Windows based computers is a plus. Experience with LaTeX is a plus. Experience with embedded Linux is a plus.
- Be able to derive, manage and track the technical requirements of complex embedded computing devices, partition those requirements to the various engineering disciplines, and moderate the interaction between the various engineering disciplines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MagTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.